Sinful Book Reviews

I love romance and erotica. I read a good bit of MM romance and BDSM romance and erotica.

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Wallbanger - Alice Clayton

So, this was a result of a settlement Kobo had with some publisher. I don’t even remember the details, I just know I got store credit. I immediately went for one of the books I’d been salivating over since it came out. What a great purchase!

Alice Clayton is hilarious and I’ll be reading more of her books in the future. I loved this story and adored all the characters. Caroline won me over from the start. She has a sense of humor that I could really appreciate. I wish I were that funny. Her cat is also pretty amazing; with a name like Clive he has to be. I also knew the moment Caroline met Simon that I was going to love him. This is the classic girl hates boy until girl realizes boy isn’t so bad until girl falls for boy. It’s a classic formula for a reason, too. Clayton puts a fresh face on it too. It never felt like the same old story. It was more like a really fun variation on a tune we all know really well, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I only had two little issues with it, and one of them was more my issue than the book’s issue. I was expecting the sex way sooner than it happened. I guess I’ve been reading a lot of erotica and erotic romance, so I’m used to a lot of sex. I had to wait for it in this book. It didn’t make me like it any less; it just wasn’t what I was expecting. I also wasn’t particularly happy that Simon was pretty much independently wealthy. It seems like a lot of contemporary romances are full of young billionaires. Not that Simon was really comparable to those characters, but I know very few people at his age that are as comfortable as he is. That’s all I’m saying. It wasn’t a huge deal for me because at least he still worked.

These two are worth the read. They’re funny and adorable. It was just… really good. Recommended!

Source: http://thenaughtylibrarians.com/2014/05/17/wallbanger-alice-clayton