Sinful Book Reviews

I love romance and erotica. I read a good bit of MM romance and BDSM romance and erotica.

Against the Wall by Rebecca Zanetti

Against the Wall - Rebecca Zanetti

Give me cowboys and cute kids any day. That’s something I can get behind. In fact, the cowboy ranch thing is the whole reason I wanted to read this book in the first place. It’s been a while since I’ve read a “cowboy romance” and I always love them.

If there’s one thing that will get me invested in a romance quick, it’s cute kids. I don’t know what it is, but adorable kids in romances make me so giddy. I think it allows the man to show a kind of sensitivity that you don’t really get to see otherwise. I especially loved that Jake was the single parent in this one. I could tell that his daughter was his whole life, and he would do anything for her. He has that same kind of fierce protectiveness for Sophie too. I guess that’s the other thing I really loved about this romance. Jake is definitely an alpha male. He claims what’s his and he does everything he can to protect it. I loved him.

I was pleased with the character depth too. Jake is a single father trying to balance life with his daughter, his ranch, and being a lawyer. He’s also still a little damaged from the death of his wife. On top of that, he’s a gorgeous cowboy. What more could you want? Sophie is very unsure of what she wants in her future. She’s spent her life listening to what others tell her she needs to do instead of what she really wants. Her mother and step father weren’t very attentive parents, and her colleague/potential lover is just as pushy. She’s really likable and I loved her interactions with Jake’s family and the community. Another point in favor of this book is the pacing of their relationship. It’s perfect! It felt natural and that can be hard to come by in romance.

The one and only downside I found was Sophie’s relationship with her colleague Preston. I expected a little more from that, but it was a kind of underdeveloped. It wasn’t a huge deal, just something I noticed. A couple of coming romances have already been set up within Jake’s family so I’ll be excited to read the next book. If you like small town romances, I definitely recommend this one.

Source: http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.com/2013/05/guest-review-against-wall-by-rebecca.html